Closing Date: 2022-04-30
Master of Information Technology Course 2022 – University of Kelaniya
Available Course :
Calling Applications for Master of Information Technology (IT) Programme (2022) Conducted by the University of Kelaniya
- Duration: 18 Months
- Medium: English
- Course Fee: Rs.250,000/=
View Course Advertisement (Sinhala Edition)Department%20of%20Industrial%20Management
|Course Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Online Course Application||Click Here|
This programme is designed for graduates desiring to enhance their competencies when pursuing a career in information technology and for those graduates in other functional areas desiring to use information technology to enhance their ability to provide effective and efficient solutions to their stakeholders.
- Developing high quality IT professionals to meet the growing demand in the IT industry
- Upgrading the professionals who are already in the software industry with the basic knowledge and skills in machine learning and analytics
- Enabling non-computing graduates to secure a career in the IT industry
- write high-quality, efficient and effective software code
- contribute effectively as a member of a software development team
- accept responsibilities in non-development careers in IT such as database administration, network and systems administration, UI/UX designing, graphic designing, data analysis, etc.
- identify problems in the environment and propose effective solutions using emerging information and communication technologies
- passionately continue self-study on more focused and advanced disciplines of IT
- start a freelancing career in software development
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent acceptable to the Senate of the University of Kelaniya
Duration: 18 Months (Sunday free)
- Application can be submitted online through fgs.kln.ac.lk or collected from the Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Kelaniya
- Application fee of Rs. 1000/- can be paid to any branch of People’s Bank to the credit of Account No: 055-1-001-1-0667549, People’s Bank, Kelaniya Branch.
- Perfected applications should be forwarded to Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Kelaniya, Kelaniya along with the certified copies of the following documents and the customer’s copy of the paying-in voucher.
- Certificates of educational and professional qualifications
- Letters in proof of work experience
- Birth certificate
- Identity card/passport
- Other relevant documents (if any)
Further information is available from the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) and, the postgraduate office and the web site of the Department of Industrial Management.
Graduation Requirements of the Master of IT Programme
- obtains grades of B- or better in course units aggregating to a minimum of 32 credits inclusive of all Compulsory course units.
- achieves a minimum GPA of 2.70
- completes the relevant requirements within a period of three academic years.
- obtains grades of B+ or better in all course units aggregating to a minimum of 32 credits inclusive of all Compulsory course units.
- achieves a minimum GPA of 3.70
- Obtain grades of A or better in course units aggregating to at least 50% of total credits for the course units considered for awarding the MIT
- completes the relevant requirements in the first attempt.
- obtains grades of A or better in course units aggregating to a minimum of 32 credits inclusive of all Compulsory course units.
- achieves a minimum GPA of 4.00
- completes the relevant requirements in the first attempt
Source : DailyNews (2020-12-02)