Sri Lankan Airlines, the national carrier of Sri Lanka operates with a network of destinations throughout Asia, the Middle East, London & Melbourne. The airline has a strong presence in Maldives and southern India. SriLankan is a member of the “oneworld” alliance.
The SriLankan team is seeking a dynamic individual to join as;
Assurance & Advisory Services Specialist (ERM Review & continues monitoring)
The incumbent will perform assurance engagements to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal control, risk management, governance process and the quality of performance in order support achievement of annual group assurance & advisory services (GA&AS) assignment plan approved by the Audit Committee.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Planning each engagement with regard to time frames, scope of work, nature and extent of checking etc. in consultation with the assurance & advisory services manager in order to ensure that work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner to achieve effective results.
- Planning and implementing a schedule for continues monitoring and identity indicators for data extraction from various business systems for the purpose of developing possible scenarios for testing and ensure proper feedback is received for the deviations from the respective managers.
- Assisting in policies and procedure reviews in order to evaluate the adequacy of the system of controls that are being established by the management.
- Identifying, analyzing, evaluating, interpreting and documenting sufficient information to achieve the engagement objectives and to ensure that information is sufficient, competent, relevant and useful and provides a reasonable basis for engagement findings.
- Discussing the summary of observations with departmental management in order to arrive at a reasonable conclusion and communicate the results of the engagement by way of a draft report to ensure engagement findings are reported on an objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely manner.
- Carrying out any order special assignments/agreed up on procedures/projects/risk management reviews to meet management requirements or administrative work assigned by assurance & advisory services manager (ER & CM) on a timely basis.
- Carrying out follow-up reviews to ensure that appropriate actions are taken on agreed recommendations by the action owners.
The applicant should posses the following minimum requirements for the above positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with auditing as a subject and 2 years of work experience in audit and assurance services in a reputed audit firm
- Full professional qualification (passed finalist of chartered accountants of Sri Lanka or chartered institute of management accountants (UK) with 2 years of experience in audit and assurance services in a reputed audit firm.
Knowledge on auditing standards and techniques (Auditing Standards of the chartered accountants of Sri Lanka), knowledge in accounting principles and techniques (Accounting standards of the chartered accountants of Sri Lanka), business process analysis skills, strong analytical skills, proficiency in computer skills including data interrogation techniques, knowledge in audit command language (ACL), will be an added advantages.
Uper age limit: 35 years as at 03rd February 2018.
Be a SriLankan citizen
We are an equal opportunity organization.
Applications (with copies of educational / professional certificates & the transcript attached) along with your contact number and email address should be forwarded to the Talent Resourcing & Overseas HR operations Manager, Human Resources Division, SriLankan Airlines Limited, Airline Centre, Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake, Sri Lanka, stating the post applied for on the upper left corner of the envelope, to reach us on or before 03rd February 2018.
Influencing will be a reflection of unsuitability
Please note that we will correspond with you within a month of closing the advertisement in the event your application is shortlisted for consideration
Selection will be finalized after the 15th February 2018.