Closing Date: 2023-02-02
Operations Officer – International Finance Corporation Job Vacancies 2023
Operations Officer Job Vacancies in Sri Lanka 2023
International Finance Corporation invites applications for the post of Operations Officer. You can apply to it before closing date as per the following details. Closing date and other job details are given below.
- Operations Officer
Operations Officer Role and Responsibilities:
Then main responsibility of the jobholder is to provide input to the design and support delivery of client advisory services solutions that operationalize country and thematic mandates and contribute to knowledge sharing and capacity building. IFC’s financial institutions advisory services aims to deliver innovative solutions that support clients in sustainably growing their presence in underserved markets and that are aligned with IFC’s country strategies and development objectives. Founded on comprehensive diagnostics, IFC designs and implements capacity building to strengthen clients’ strategy, business model, products and services, risk management framework, market outreach and impact in the thematic areas aligned to regional and countries’ development challenges.
The jobholder will also participate in the implementation and/or project management of client solutions, including: managing external consultants and other providers, the project budget and overseeing project execution. Moreover, the job-holder would also actively contribute and participate in the Gender Practice in the Asia and Pacific region and also regionally contribute to Gender linked engagements.
Client and Stakeholder Management
- Communicate with middle-senior management of the bank and support the articulation of institution-level as well as segment-level solutions especially in Gender advisory area.
- Support the delivery of knowledge transfer sessions, diagnostics with the client, and also be a technical resource for advisory project executions in Sri Lanka as well in the Asia region.
- Scope technical and commercial market potential for sustainable gender finance in Sri Lanka as well in the Asia region and identify opportunities relevant to FI clients, such as identifying gaps and needs for developing sustainable gender finance programs, and formulation of motivation/drivers for end-users to implement gender projects using FI’s financing.
- Lead project management and oversight of projects in Sri Lanka, under the guidance of Country Anchors and/or Practice Leads, to reinforce quality and consistency of approach.
- Work collaboratively with team members in the designated countries (mainly Sri Lanka) to support Country Anchor and/or Practice Lead in helping close pipeline projects and providing solutions to key portfolio clients.
- Provide expert advice to investment and advisory services teams and external financial sector clients on the potential and scope gender advisory projects, to help identify opportunities on the market for FIs and to help formulate both investment and advisory strategies to reach out to those opportunities.
- Support Country Anchor in engaging with the relevant teams at the World Bank and IFC to support the work on reforms needed to unlock new markets and work collaboratively with Upstream teams.
- Support country priority initiatives such as Innovation, Climate and Inclusion linked initiatives.
- Be an integral part of the Asia gender practice and contribute through ideas as well as new product innovation linked to gender.
- Support the development of SME, digital and climate solutions for the Asia Pacific Region.
Design and Operationalize Solutions
- Work with senior thematic specialists in reviewing project proposals to ensure IFC mandate is adequately addressed and thematic solutions are well-designed to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical support in designing pitch materials for business development and thematic proposals for inclusion in straightforward projects that will include drafting other relevant project documents.
- Gather information from clients and project teams to monitor implementation of thematic area recommendations.
Create and Share Knowledge
- Gather information from external sources on best practices, evolving trends and challenges, and emerging players that can be used to create new knowledge products.
- Provide organizational and coordination support in the convening of knowledge sharing forums and conferences and contribute to the development of content materials.
- Coordinate and deliver straightforward training programs and workshops for IFC staff to raise their awareness of thematic area, especially gender, and its importance.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics, or professional equivalent (CFA, CPA)
- At least 8-10 years’ experience primarily in banks; experience in corporate banking and MNC banking is preferable. Having led a business unit role in a bank is a plus
- Experience in product development, especially in the space of commercial banking, supply chain finance, solutions structuring and lending products
- Strong working experience in the area of commercial banking and knowledge of Trade and Supply Chain finance. Having experience of providing training to frontline staff of the bank
- Experience in strategy or risk management in commercial banking is a plus
- Experience in financial and credit analysis preferably in commercial banking
- Understanding of inclusion gaps for women entrepreneurs and some experience in designing propositions for women entrepreneurs to gain access to financial services
- Having been involved in operational process reengineering including but not limited to digitization
- Past experience in participating in transformation initiatives is a plus
- Industry/Sector Knowledge – Understanding of sector drivers, business and market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn new systems is a must. Ability to use project management systems is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills plus fluency in English is must. Ability to speak a second language is a plus
View Job Advertisement (English Edition)Operations%20Officer%20-%20IFc
|International Finance Corporation
|2023 – 02 – 02
|English Advertisement Download