Process for Request a Duplicate Identity Card Due to Loss and Application
Request for a Duplicate in respect of a lost ID card.
Obtaining an Application
- From the Grama Niladhari of the applicant’s residential area;
- From the Estate superintendant (if the applicant resides in an estate);
- Duly completed RPD Form 7
- Original copy of the complaint lodged in the Police Station to state that the NIC has been lost. This complaint should be lodged during last six month.
- Five colour photographs of the size of 1 ⅜” X ⅞”
- Stamps to a value of Rs. 15/=
- Originals of Birth Certificate, Probable Age Certificate or the “results of search of registers”.
- School leaving certificate
- Certificate of Baptism
- Copies of Birth certificates of children of the applicant, (if the date of birth of the applicant indicated )
- Extract of the of the applicant
- of Sri Lanka (if the date of birth indicated)
- Estate leaving certificate (if the date of birth indicated)
- Certified copies of relevant pages of the Passport
- Registration card issued by the Estate Superintendent
- Horoscope (if available)
- Applicants, who wish to include their occupation/designation in the ID card, should submit a service certificate obtained during the last three months. Professionals also need to submit documentary evidence, in case if they wish to include their profession in the ID card.(I.e. Engineers, Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers should submit relevant Degree certificates). In case of the Businessmen, they need to submit a certified copy of the Business Registration certificate.
- Documentary evidence such as Passport, Bank Book, Driving License etc. to certify that the number of lost ID has been used in the past.
- Grama Niladhari certificate to confirm the residential place.
- Procedure to be confirm the Priest status of applicants-
- Buddhist cleric should submit the “Certificate of Ordain” or “Upasampada Certificate” issued by the Department of Buddhist Affairs
- “Dasasil Matha” should submit the registration certificate issued by the Department of Buddhist Affairs
- Islamic priest should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Islamic Religious Affairs
- Hindu priest should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Hindu Religious Affairs
- Catholic priest should submit certificate issued by the head of relevant catholic religious chapters
Applicants, who have changed the status of Buddhist clergy, should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Buddhist affairs.
Department of Registration of Persons
Department of Registration of Persons,
Sri Subhuthipura Road,
View Information in Sinhala