A recent study shows that despite the increased intakes in state sector Universities and private sector training organizations the demand for the IT professionals cannot be satisfactorily met. Shortage of IT professionals has become even more critical if the growth plans of IT sector companies are taken into account. The student intake to the state universities cannot be adequately increased to meet this demand, due to lack of physical infrastructure and human resources.
The Bachelor Information Technology (BIT) programme offered by University of Moratuwa allow higher educational opportunities for a wider audience of citizens in Sri Lanka which is at a reasonable cost when delivering at Horizon Campus with the collaboration of Centre for Open & Distance Learning (CODL).
|Institution||UNIVERSITY OF MORATUWA|
|Mode of Study||Full Time / Part Time|
|Type of award||Bachelors|
- Level 1
An applicant may be considered for Admission to the BIT degree programme, if he/she has:
1.Three passes in the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in one sitting.
Any other educational / academic / professional qualification listed under the Approved Alternative Qualifications. An applicant who seek admission through other qualifications (not having A/L s) are required to pass the aptitude test.
2. A credit pass for Mathematics in the G.C.E (O/L) examination
Approved Alternative Qualifications:
A candidate who has obtained at least 6 passes in not more than two sittings and a credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) examination and a full-time Diploma / Certificate or higher qualifications of at least 1 year duration from a recognized institution is considered to have satisfisfied the entry criteria. The following institutions are currently acceptable:
• Public Sector Universities
• National Institute of Business Management (NIBM)
• Training institute or programs accredited by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC)
• Government Technical Colleges
• Recognized Professional Organizations (e.g., BCS, IESL, CIMA, CIM, PMI)
• Three E passes at the Edexcel Advanced GCE Examination
• Teacher’s Diploma in Information Technology Program (1year), Sri Lanka
• Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT)
• Professional in-Service English Teacher Training Program (1 year), National Institute of Education (NIE)
• Trained Teachers’ Certificate (2 year, full-time) , Government Teacher Training Colleges
• International Diploma in Computer Studies(IDCS) of NCC Education, UK (requires 1 year full-time to complete)
- Level 2
- Level 3