Closing Date: 2021-06-23
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Data Scientist Job Opening at PickMe (Digital Mobility Solutions Lanka (PVT) Ltd)
- Design and Development of Data products such as recommendation engines and predictive models that deliver high-quality consumer experiences.
- Measure effectiveness of strategic feature rollouts through structured experiments.
- Empower operational teams with performance insights on various business functions such as marketing campaigns, promotions, loyalty programs etc.
- Communicate analysis findings to technical and non-technical audiences through various modes such as presentations, reports etc.
- Working in a fast-paced collaborative agile scrum environment handling multiple technical dependencies with 5-6 scrum teams at any given time.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Engineers and DevOps teams to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Involvement in the entire SDLC of new features/use cases from the ideation stage to the production deployment in a well phased and planned manner with a strong focus towards DataOps.
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers in the team.
- BSc in Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent.
- MSc in Mathematics / Statistics / Machine Learning would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven track record of solving complex problems
- Thorough understanding of data mining algorithms & machine learning models, and the practical usage of such algorithms/models to provide solutions for business problems.
- Strong foundation and hands-on experience in one or more of the following programming languages, Scala, Python, R, HiveQL and SQL
- Solid understanding in descriptive statistics, inferential statistics and regression.
- Solid understanding in calculus, matrix manipulations, linear algebra, eigenvalues /eigenvectors, integrals etc.
- Solid understanding in data wrangling techniques such as string manipulations, regular expressions, mathematical transformations, parsing of common file formats such as JSONs / XMLs etc.
- Solid understanding in experiment design including, A/B testing, Multi-Armed Bandit, Sample Size and Power Law, Confidence Level, Bayesian statistics, Bootstrapping, Simulation techniques etc.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in applying supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning and deep learning techniques to solve real-world predictive analytics problems.
- Solid understanding of data visualization techniques and experience in using some of the common tools.
- Solid communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in guiding/mentoring junior engineers.
- Prior experience with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in Hadoop / Spark / Hive development will be an added advantage.
APPLY NOW : https://bit.ly/2RJRTwl